Starbucks Company Profile
The Starbucks Story
Kết quả xổ số miền bắc ngày 30Our story began in 1971. Back then we were a roaster and retailer of whole bean and ground coffee, tea and spices with a single store in Seattle’s Pike Place Market.
Kết quả xổ số miền bắc ngày 30Today, we are privileged to connect with millions of customers every day with exceptional products and more than 30,000 retail stores in 80 markets.
Starbucks is named after the first mate in Herman Melville’s Moby Dick. Our logo is also inspired by the sea – featuring a twin-tailed siren from Greek mythology.
We’ve always believed in serving the best coffee possible. It's our goal for all of our coffee to be grown under the highest standards of quality, using ethical sourcing practices. Our coffee buyers personally travel to coffee farms in Latin America, Africa and Asia to select high quality beans. And our master roasters bring out the balance and rich flavor of the beans through the signature Starbucks Roast.
Our stores are a neighborhood gathering place for meeting friends and family. Our customers enjoy quality service, an inviting atmosphere and an exceptional beverage.
Total stores: 30,000 across 80 markets (as of June 30, 2019)
We offer some of the finest coffees in the world, grown, prepared and served by the finest people. Our employees, who we call partners, are at the heart of the Starbucks Experience.
Kết quả xổ số miền bắc ngày 30We believe in treating our partners with respect and dignity. We are proud to offer several landmark programs for our partners, including comprehensive health coverage for eligible full- and part-time partners, access to full college tuition coverage through the Starbucks College Achievement Plan, and equity in the company through Bean Stock.
Starbucks offers a range of exceptional products that customers enjoy in our stores, at home, and on the go.
Coffee:Kết quả xổ số miền bắc ngày 30 More than 30 blends and single-origin premium coffees.
Handcrafted Beverages: Fresh-brewed coffee, hot and iced espresso beverages, Iced Coffee, Cold Brew, Nitro, Frappuccino® coffee and non-coffee blended beverages, Starbucks Refreshers® beverages, and Teavana® teas.
Merchandise: Coffee- and tea-brewing equipment, mugs and accessories, packaged goods, books and gifts.
Fresh Food:Kết quả xổ số miền bắc ngày 30 Baked pastries, cold and hot sandwiches, salads, salad and grain bowls, oatmeal, yogurt parfaits and fruit cups.
Consumer products available where groceries are sold
- Coffee and Tea: Whole bean and ground coffee (Starbucks and Seattle’s Best Coffee brands), Starbucks VIA® Instant, Starbucks espresso capsules available on the Nespresso and Nescafé Dolce Gusto systems, Starbucks® Coffee K-Cup® pods, Starbucks® and Teavana® Verismo® pods.
- Ready-to-Drink (RTD): Starbucks® bottled Frappuccino® coffee drinks, Starbucks Iced Latte, Single Serve Cold Brew, Doubleshot® Coffee Smoothies, Teavana Craft Iced Teas, Teavana Sparkling Craft Iced Teas, Starbucks Discoveries® chilled cup coffees, Starbucks Discoveries Iced Café Favorites®, Starbucks Iced Coffee, Starbucks Doubleshot® espresso drinks, Starbucks Doubleshot® Energy Coffee drinks; Starbucks Refreshers® beverages, Evolution Fresh™ bottled juices.
Starbucks Coffee, Seattle’s Best Coffee, Teavana, Evolution Fresh, Ethos Water and Torrefazione Italia Coffee.
- Starbucks went public on June 26, 1992 at a price of $17 per share (or $0.53 per share, adjusted for subsequent stock splits) and closed trading that first day at $21.50 per share.
- Starbucks was incorporated under the laws of the State of Washington, in Olympia, Washington, on Nov. 4, 1985.
- Starbucks Corporation's common stock is listed on NASDAQ, under the trading symbol SBUX.
- For more information, please visit
Being a Responsible Company
At Starbucks, we have always believed in the importance of building a great, enduring company that strikes a balance between profitability and a social conscience.
It started with our early travels to the places where our coffee is grown, understanding that our future is inextricably tied to the futures of farmers and their families. We nurtured personal relationships and built a global network of support to create a new way to produce coffee: one that is sustainable, transparent and good for people and the planet. As the threats of climate change have grown, we have been working to help coffee farms adapt and find innovative solutions in how we build and operate our stores, while reducing the environmental impact of our cups, straws and lids.
Our stores are often the heart of a neighborhood, and we strive to make each one a welcoming and inclusive Third Place. As we have grown, so too has our opportunity to make a positive impact, from alleviating hunger through our food donation program to making investments in local partnerships and coffee- and tea-origin communities through The Starbucks Foundation.
Stitching all these efforts together is a common thread – a green thread – one that is woven in the fabric of our company by the more than 300,000 men and women who proudly wear the green apron. We are dedicated to making our partners proud, providing pay equity and investing in their success. And we are working to hire veterans and military spouses, refugees, Opportunity Youth and those formerly incarcerated, and helping them build their futures once they are with us.
Kết quả xổ số miền bắc ngày 30As it has been from the beginning, our purpose goes far beyond profit. We believe in the pursuit of doing good.